Thursday (12/1) we will finish with Vathek.
Friday (12/2), part II of your paper is due, via Google Docs (preferred) or e-mail. Some clarification:
- you may write about Shamela for Part II, but you still have to write about three of the other books.
- if you choose NOT to rewrite Part I, you can treat Part II as a continuation of that paper. If you DO choose to rewrite Part I, you should submit both parts together as one continuous paper.
- I will be taking points off on Part II for incorrect MLA citation. If you want to make sure you're doing it right, I recommend the OWL at Purdue, which has an excellent guide to MLA style.
- Also, give yourselves time to do one editing/proofreading pass before you hand the next two parts of the paper in. I (obviously) didn't do any stylistic or grammar corrections on Part I (in the interests of turning them around in a timely manner and giving you feedback on the content of the paper), but by the time we get to the final version I will be marking papers down for careless writing and mechanical errors.
- Questions? Respond to this post with them or e-mail them to me. Or come to office hours Thursday (2 - 3, 321 English Bldg.)